Looking for a crowd pleasing dessert idea? Try one of these bar recipes and see for yourself how quickly they will disappear.
Many are made with delicious crumb crusts of some sort. From farm fresh strawberry bars to peppermint Rice Krispie bars, we have delicious bars and slices for any occasion.
These delicious sweet treats are perfect for a bake sale and will go quickly from any pot luck dinner table. These recipes are easy to make and even easier to taste!
I love how quickly bars and slices come together in the kitchen. Many of these desserts can be made in 30 minutes or so. All have fairly easy clean up and the flavors are so tempting, there is one for all taste buds.
There are all sorts of recipes that you can make into bars. Brownies and blondies come to mind, but basically if you can cut it into a square, it’s a candidate.
By the way, if you don’t know the difference between a blondie and a brownie, check out this post.
Let’s Make Some Bar Recipes Today.
Sure, you can go to the grocery store and pick up some packaged bars or slices. But the taste of these homemade bars will make you wonder why you haven’t been making them at home all the time.
These bars and slices are chock full of flavor, easy to make and the kids (and grownups!) will just love them.
I’ve divided the bars and slices into several categories to make it easier for you to find your preferred sweet treat. Some are crunchy, some are rich, some are super sweet, and some are healthy.
Which type is your favorite?
Share these bar recipes on Twitter:Grab one of these amazing bar recipes today. They are super easy to make and so, so tasty! 🍢🍎 Click To Tweet
Fruit Bar Recipes
I love making bars that feature fresh fruit as a main ingredient.
There is nothing quite like the taste of a bar that you have just made after a trip to the Farmer’s Market to pick up your favorite container of fresh fruit.
- These strawberry oatmeal bars are both gluten free and vegan. It’s almost strawberry season, so you can be making these soon!
- It’s apple picking time with these tasty caramel apple bars. The topping is to die for!
- This gluten free lemon slice is crunchy and tart with a bright lemon taste.
- You can see I like really like caramel! Here is another great tasting apple cheesecake bar with a decadent caramel topping.
- These lemon cheese cake bars have a fun animal cracker crust that is super tasty. My husband LOVES these!
- Another favorite of my husband. (He loves lemon desserts!) These Sunburst Lemon Bars are perfect for summer BBQs
Cookie Bars Make the Perfect Snack
Everyone likes the taste of a delicious cookie. But add that taste with a crunchy crust and you will turn it into something extra special.
Try one of these delicious cookie bars for an afternoon snack.
- These oatmeal chocolate cookie bars are a deep dish sweet treat that is gluten free and easy to make.
- Another chocolate chip oatmeal bar. This time for a regular diet.
- Enjoy the taste of fall with these apple cinnamon sugar cookie bars.
- It’s Girl Scout cookie time with these tasty and decadent Girl Scout Samoas Bars.
- Try these butterscotch blondies for a sweet taste with a brownie texture.
- These Yummy no bake peanut butter chocolate oatmeal bars are super easy to make.
Tempting Dessert Bars
These rich and decadent bars are perfect to serve for any special occasion. They are not for the calorie counter, but sometimes a girl has just got to splurge!
- For an easy but delicious dessert that will be the hit of any gathering, make some of these 7 layer bars. They are magic in a pan!
- No bake bars are a favorite of mine. I made some no bake peanut butter pretzel bars the other day and they are amazing.
- Decadent and chocolaty with a peanut butter taste. These rich chocolate brownies are amazing.
- These white chocolate snicker doodle blondie bars have the taste of the popular cookie in an easy bar recipe.
- Heath Bars are one of my favorite candies. I replicated the flavor in these Heath English Toffee Bars and love them!
- Another no bake slice. This time is is an Oreo Mint Cheesecake Bar. YUM!
- Is it a brownie or is it a cheesecake? I’ll let you decide with these Brownie Cheesecake Bars. Whatever you choose to call it, you’ll agree that they are tasty as all get out!
- Make these Heath Bar Brownies from a boxed mix in just minutes.
- These high end macadamia nut bars are crunchy and sweet and super easy to make.
- Time for a Reese’s fix! These peanut butter chocolate bars have all the flavors of everyone’s favorite candy treat.
- These Hello Dolly bars have layers and layers of tasty sweet ingredients but are really easy to put together.
Healthy Bars and Slices
Looking for a bar that won’t break the calorie bank? From gluten free bars to homemade granola bars, we’ve got you covered!
- One of my mother’s favorite hand me down recipes. These date bars with maple sugar are chock full of nutritious flavor.
- Microwave Oatmeal Bars – these 6 ingredient bars have a Butterfinger crunch topping and are super easy to make.
- Bars for breakfast? Why not! Use up your ripe bananas with these amazing Banana Nut Breakfast Bars.
- These blueberry granola bars are a dairy free breakfast option for breakfast on the go.
- Make some of these healthy cookie dough bars instead of buying packaged bars.
Holiday Themed Bars
The holidays are a time for desserts of all types, but we are also very busy at this time of the year. Instead of spending your time baking and decorating try making bars or slices instead.
They are so fast and easy to put together.
- Forget store bought! Make your own Peppermint Rice Krispie Bars with this recipe.
- Make these Candy Corn Blondie Bars for a sweet Halloween or Thanksgiving dessert table.
- These butterscotch apple cream bars are rich and tasty with two popular fall flavors. Perfect for Thanksgiving!
- The kids will gobble up these Halloween Rice Krispie bars.
Looking for Some Kitchen Tools to Help with Making Bar Recipes?
There are a few kitchen supplies that will go a long way towards making bars and slices even easier to prepare.
These are a few that I use all the time to make my recipe production go smoothly all the way from baking to serving.
If you are still looking for more ideas to make your favorite bar recipes, check out my new Pinterest Board – Bars and Slices.
There are dozens and dozens of great tasting recipes to tempt you even further.
Help for Making Bars and More Dessert Ideas.
If you enjoyed these recipes be sure to also check out these pages for more meal time inspiration.
- Cheesecake Recipes for the really special dessert idea.
- These 30 minute meals include lots of desserts that can be made in a half hour or less.
- Check out these cooking tips for help with making your dessert recipes.
- Do you like bars with a streusel topping? This tutorial shows how to make one.
- A crumb crust is a staple of many bar recipes. Check out how I make mine in a food processor in just seconds.
- See some tips to make your dessert table awesome. Bar Recipes are great on any sweets table at a party.
- Most bar recipes require flour of some time. See my tips for measuring flour to get just the right texture to your bars.
If you have a half hour or so and a few pantry ingredients, you can make a delicious bar or slice that will knock the socks of your friends and family and be the hit at any pot luck dinner.
Try one of these amazing bar recipes today. You’ll be hooked on this type of recipe just like I am.