I love banana nut muffins (or any kind of muffins for that matter.) This recipe for banana nut breakfast bars gives you the home made taste of banana muffins but in a tasty bar recipe instead.
If you are looking for a quick, on the go breakfast recipe that you can grab on a busy week morning, this recipe is perfect.
Let’s make some Banana Nut Breakfast Bars
The bars are incredibly easy to make. Just combine the dry ingredients in one bowl, the wet in another and then blend them all together and bake at 375 degrees. Easy Peasy!
Combine the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, brown sugar, oatmeal and nuts in one bowl.
Combine the eggs, mashed bananas, cinnamon and vanilla extract in another bowl.
Mix the dry and wet ingredients together and blend well, being sure to get all the flour mixed in.
Place the ingredients in a greased and floured 9 x 13″ pan and cook for 25-30 minutes in a preheated 375 º F oven. Cool completely and cut into bars.
- 1 1/2 c. All purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 3/4 c. Brown Sugar
- 2 c. rolled oats
- 3/4 c. Chopped Walnuts
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 c. Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 3 Medium Bananas (Mashed)
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 º F.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine well.
- Combine all the wet ingredients in another mixing bowl.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients and stir until every thing is combined together.
- Grease a 9x13" pan. Pour the Banana Nut mix into the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake in a preheated 375 º F oven until golden brown - bout 25-30 minutes.
- Cool completely and then cut into bars,
- Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 147 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 19mg Sodium: 100mg Carbohydrates: 25g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 10g Protein: 4g