Mint, chocolate, and confectioner’s sugar help to make these delightful Oreo mint cheesecake bars a special treat. And best of all, they are my favorite type bar recipes – no baking is needed. Just make them and forget about them for a few hours and they’ll be done.
If you like all sorts of cheesecake recipes, you will just love these decadent bars. Take them to a bake sale or pot luck dinner and just watch them disappear! You just make the crust first and let it set and then combine the ingredients for the topping and put in the fridge until set.
No-Bake Oreo Mint Cheesecake Bars
The Oreo mint cheesecake bars are very tasty. The Andes mints give them a creme de menthe flavor and the cream cheese makes the recipe similar to a cheesecake bar.
Assemble your ingredients – Confectioner’s sugar, reduced fat cream cheese, unsalted butter, Andes creme de menthe mints, Skim milk, Cool mint Oreo cookies, chocolate chips and food coloring (optional.)
Break up the Oreo cookies and put them in a food processor.
Pulse for a few seconds until the cookies become crumbs. It is hard to believe this mixture started out the color above!
Mix half of the softened butter (don’t melt it) with the crumbs for the base of the bars.
Line a 9 x 11″ baking pan with foil and press the crumb mixture into the pan and place in the fridge to set until it is firm.
Combine the confectioner’s sugar, the remaining butter, skim milk and broken up Andes mints with the cream cheese. Beat on medium speed of the mixer until well combined. It will look similar to frosting with some chunks of the mints in it. Add a few drops of green gel food coloring if you want more of a green color. (optional)
Spread the cream cheese and sugar mixture on the cookie base.
Melt the chocolate chips and drizzle it over the top of the bars and put in the fridge to set. It will need to chill at least two hours.
Remove and cut the no bake Oreo mint cheesecake into pieces and serve. And stand back and wait for the compliments!
For more spectacular dessert recipes, please visit my Pinterest Sweet Endings Board.
- 1¾ cups finely crushed Cool Mint Oreos (approx. 25)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature, but not melted
- 3¾ cups confectioner's sugar
- 12 Andes creme de menthe mints - broken into pieces
- 2 Tbsp skim milk
- 1 block of reduced fat cream cheese
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips, melted
- a few drops of green food coloring (optional)
- Combine the cookie crumbs and half of the softened butter in medium bowl. Mix well.
- Press firmly on to bottom of and ungreased 9 x 11 inch baking pan and refrigerate until the crust is firm.
- Combine the confectioner's sugar, the remaining butter, skim milk, cream cheeseand Andes mints in mixing bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until the mixture is light and fluffy ( it should resemble frosting.) Add the food coloring to get the color you like (optional) Spread over the crust.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over crust and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Cut into bars and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
(adapted from The Great American Cookie Cookbook’s Citrus Cream Bars recipe)
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission, but the price will be the same for you. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."