Printable Recipe: Lightened up Chicken Salad Sandwich
Thank heavens for supermarket rotisserie chickens. They make recipes like this lightened up Chicken Salad sandwich a breeze to make.
This sandwich uses lite mayo and two types of mustard for the dressing instead of full fat mayo. It also gets its flavor from the celery, parsley and spring onions that are added.
- 4 ounces of rotisserie chicken, chopped
- ¼ cups light mayonaisse
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tbsp. Grey Poupon mustard
- dash of Kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 tsp of parsley, chopped
- Fresh spring greens
- Whole grain bread of your choice
- In a large bowl, stir together the lite mayo, dijon mustard, Grey Poupon mustard, salt, pepper, celery, spring onion, and parsley. Mix well until all is combined.
- Add the chopped rotisserie chicken and toss together until chicken is well coated with mixture.
- Spread the mixture on whole grain bread and add fresh spring greens,.
- Serve with a few kettle cooked chips and a dill pickle.