There is nothing quite like the taste of perfectly cooked, creamy mashed potatoes. They are the ultimate comfort food. They are light and fluffy and make the perfect side dish for any meal.
I have put together a step by step tutorial for making perfect mashed potatoes. Be sure to check it out!
Making a great mashed potato dish takes a bit of skill to get the texture just right but is worth the time to go to the extra steps to insure cooking and mashing consistency.
This recipe is full of flavor, very light and creamy and will please the most ardent of meat and potato eaters.
Serve them with my recipe for Amish Salisbury steak, for a delicious, home cooked meal, on those days that you just need just that little bit of extra comfort.
Perfect Mashed Potatoes
- 5 large Russet potatoes, peeled
- 6-7 tbsp butter, unsalted, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, at room temperature
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground cracked black pepper
- fresh chives and butter to garnish