These cream cheese appetizers with Tomato and spring onion were another big hit at my Christmas party this year. What I liked best easy appetizers like these, is that the mixture kept its consistency well and did not make the crackers soggy, so they could be made a little ahead of time. The taste is delicious.
Making the Cream Cheese Appetizers with Tomato & spring onion
If you are looking for 30 minute meals or appetizers, this one is always a hit at my parties.
The recipes is very easy. You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 box of cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch of spring onions. (I still have some in my garden and they were full of flavor
- 1 – 8 oz block of cream cheese, at room temperature
- Fresh herbs. I used cilantro, and basil
- 5 slices of cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/4 cup of chopped pecans
- Triscuit crackers to serve
Cook your bacon first and then place it on paper towels. When cooled, crumble it and set it aside. (I bake my bacon to get rid of most of the fat. See how to do it in this article.)
Combine the cream cheese with the basil, cilantro, chopped pecans and crumbled bacon.
Spread about a tablespoon of the cream cheese mix on each Trisket cracker. Top with one half grape tomato and sprinkle with spring onions and serve. They are delicious, easy to make and very popular.
For another great party appetizer, check out these pretzel crusted chicken tenders. And if you love cream cheese appetizers, try my Skittles game day cheese balls. They are the perfect way to start your party.
- 1 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 6 spring onions
- 8 oz cream cheese
- fresh herbs (basil, cilantro, rosemary all work well)
- 5 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 cup of chopped pecans.
- 16 Triscuit crackers
- Optional Extra virgin olive oil to drizzle (optional)
- Cook the bacon in a 350 º preheated oven for about 15 minutes. Remove and crumble.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Combine the cream cheese, chopped pecans, crumbled bacon and fresh herbs in a small bowl.
- Spread each water cracker with a layer of the cream cheese mixture. Add a cherry tomato half, sprinkle with diced spring onions and add a very light drizzle of olive oil, if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 111Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 140mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.