Printable Recipe: Broccoli and Bacon Salad
Looking for a great salad for a barbeque or pot luck supper? This broccoli and bacon salad is hard to top.
The salad is so easy to make and the bacon and cheese will please even the fussiest of vegetable eaters. I served this tonight with my Loaded baked potato and chicken casserole, and the combination with the ranch dressing on this salad was just great!
Just cut your broccoli into bite sized pieces and combine it with the cooked bacon. I like to add the cheese at serving time unless I am making it right before dinner other wise it gets kind of soggy. If you like your salads more creamy and rich, you can add more dressing. I go light on it to save on calories.
Note on cooking bacon. My preferred method of cooking bacon is in the oven. It removes most of the fat and is very easy to do. Find out how to do it on the Gardening Cook.
Be sure to visit my Facebook page for lots of other great recipes, and cooking tips.
- ½ pound of broccoli florets
- 4 slices of thick center cut bacon
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup ranch salad dressing
- Be sure the broccoli is cut into bite sized pieces. Cook the bacon and then crumble it. Combine the broccoli, cooked bacon, and salad dressing and stir well. The salad is best served chilled. Add the cheese right before you are ready to serve.