Say hello to our Frankenstein Martini. This green Halloween cocktail recipe brings together Frankenstein’s two main colors – black and green – in one delightfully ghoulish drink.
I love using color in Halloween drinks. There is nothing quite as spooky as a Halloween cocktail using a colored liqueur as a base for the recipe.
The color sets the mood instantly, and the right Halloween cocktail garnishes add the perfect finishing touch.
Today, we’ll be using Sour Apple Pucker and vodka to create our devilishly eerie Halloween drink. It’s the perfect way to start your adult Halloween party.
What is Sour Apple Pucker?
If you have never had apple pucker, you are in for a treat. This liqueur is an apple-flavored Schnapps with a taste similar to green apples, such as Granny Smith’s. It has a sour finish.
Sour Apple Pucker is 15.0% (30° proof). It is drunk as a shot or used in cocktails.
Today, we will be combining it with vodka and Sprite to give it a dry lime-like taste.
Ingredients for the Frankenstein Halloween martini cocktail recipe
This easy recipe needs just a few ingredients and is ready in minutes. You will need these items:
- Sour Apple Pucker
- Sprite (I used diet Sprite)
- Green gel food coloring (optional but gives a deeper color to the drink)
- Black sanding sugar sprinkles
Making the apple pucker vodka drink
Part of the appeal of this Halloween drink is the green and black color combo. Let’s start with the black rim.
I am using black sanding sugar sprinkles with limes to rim the glass.
Cut slices of lime and spread them on the glass rim and give the lime a swirl. This will add some lime juice to the edge which will allow it to pick up the black sanding sugar.
Place the sanding sugar on a plate in a fine layer and dip the lime-rimmed martini glass into the sprinkles. Swirl the glass.
Tada! The glass is ready for the other ingredients.
Some of the links below are affiliate links. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you if you purchase through an affiliate link.
This drink is stirred, not shaken and could not be easier to make. Pour in the vodka, Sour Apple Pucker and Sprite.
Give the drink a gentle stir and that is all there is to making this Frankenstein Halloween martini.
Sour apple liqueur has the light green Granny Smith color and will make a pale green drink. A couple of drops of green gel food coloring will enhance the color of this drink and make it more Frankenstein looking.
If vodka isn’t your spirit of choice, swap it out with Patron tequila for a Frankenstein Halloween margarita.
Garnishing the Frankenstein martini cocktail
This Halloween drink recipe already has a spooky thing going for it with the two colors but you could dress it up even more to put your guests in an even more eerie mood.
- Use spider chocolate molds and fill them with some melted chocolate. Position the spider legs on the base of the glass as an extra treat.
- Drape one or two gummy worms over the edge for a ghoulish effect.
- Drop in a couple of candy eyeballs and watch your guests shriek!
- Fill a plastic syringe with some Frankenstein blood and add it to the drink as a chaser.
Frankenstein Halloween drink profile
- Type of drink – spirit based
- Cocktail type – Halloween
- How to serve – neat in a rimmed martini glass
- Preparation – stirred
- Strength – medium
- Difficulty – easy
- Brands – vodka, Sour Apple Pucker
- When to serve – at your Halloween party
Tasting the easy Halloween cocktail
This green vodka drink is tart and sour with a hint of lime. Depending on the garnishes you use, it will taste sweet, rich or even more tart.
Share this Halloween cocktail recipe on Twitter
Did you enjoy our easy Halloween cocktail? Be sure to share it with your friends. Here is a tweet to get you started:The colors of Frankenstein add a spooky look to our new green and black Halloween martini recipe. It's perfect for your upcoming Halloween party. Find out how to make it on Recipes Just 4U. 🍈🥫🍈 Click To Tweet
More Halloween cocktail recipes to try
If you enjoyed this spooky drink, be sure to also try these Halloween cocktails:
- Ghostbuster cocktail – with spooky whipped cream ghosts
- Vampire cocktail – has licorice spiders as a garnish
- Candy corn martini – three layers of deliciousness
- Witch brew cocktail – fruity and tart Halloween drink
- Crow’s blood drink – champagne cocktail recipe
- Bloody Mary cocktail – lime devil garnish
- Caramel apple martini – with Granny Smith apples and chopped nuts
Pin this recipe for our Frankenstein drink recipe
Would you like a reminder of this recipe for my green Halloween drink? Just pin this image to one of your cocktail boards on Pinterest so that you can easily find it later. You can also watch our video on YouTube.
- 1 ½ oz. vodka
- 1 oz. sour apple pucker
- 4 oz. Sprite
- 2-3 drops of green food coloring (optional)
- ¼ cup black sanding sugar sprinkles
- lime juice for the glass rim
- To rim the glass, cut a lime and place it over the glass rim and move it around to coat the rim.
- Add a shallow layer of black sanding sugar sprinkles on a plate, and dip the lime rimmed glass into it so that the edge is coated in black.
- Pour in 1 ½ oz. vodka, 1 oz. sour apple pucker, and 4 oz. of Sprite.
- Give the drink a stir.
- Enjoy! Please drink responsibly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 438Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 90gFiber: 2gSugar: 72gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.