Caramel apples are a fun thing to do in the fall but you don’t need to wait for the cold weather to enjoy the taste of them. This delicious caramel apple martini uses Granny Smith apples, chopped nuts and a delicious blend of alcohol for one amazing cocktail.
Remember the days of biting into a caramel apple in the fall? Why wait? After all, there is no season for amazing cocktails is there? I love sweeter martinis. They make fun dessert drinks.
It’s caramel apple martini time!
It’s fun to combine apples and caramels in a dessert (like these caramel apple bars), but today we will be using them in a cocktail recipe.
I love the garnish for this drink. The caramel is made in the microwave in just a couple of minutes, and then the apples get dipped into the mixture and then into some chopped peanuts. What a fun and tasty garnish this will be!
Since apples and cinnamon go so well together, the rim of the glass gets a swirl with a piece of apple and a dip into some cinnamon sugar. This gives a tangy end taste to the drink and a bit of crunch, too. How pretty!
The remainder of the caramel goes into martini glasses, and then they get chilled to make the caramel harden a little. Put the apples in the fridge to make sure the caramel sets, too. They make such a nice garnish for the glass.
Making the Martini.
This post may contain affiliate links for your bar tending convenience.
Making the martini is a cinch. All you need is a cocktail shaker, the ingredients and some ice. Shake, shake, shake, pour and strain and you are done!
Just pour the drink into the prepared martini glasses. So simple to make and SO GOOD!
This has become one of my favorite new cocktails. I have a sweet tooth when it comes to a mixed drink and this drink delights it. Pair it with some salted nuts or pretzels to balance the tastes.
The caramel extra. Oh My!
For extra fun, serve this drink as a dessert! I LOVE the bit of caramel that you get to enjoy at the end of the drink. So yummy!
For more great drinks, be sure to visit my Cocktail hour board on Pinterest.
- 6 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1½ tsp butter
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 Granny Smith apple slices
- 1 tbsp chopped nuts
- Cinnamon Sugar
- 2 oz sour apple-flavored schnapps
- 2 oz butterscotch-flavored schnapps
- 2 oz apple-flavored vodka
- 2 cups ice
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the caramel ingredients and cook on high in 20 second increments for about 2 minute until it just starts to boil.
- Dip each of the apple slices into the caramel mixture and then tip into the chopped nuts.
- Set the slices in the fridge to set while you make the martini. Allow the remaining caramel to cool slightly.
- Use a piece of the apple to wet the rim of the martini glass and then tip it into some cinnamon sugar. Spoon ½ of the reserved caramel into each of 2 martini glasses. Places the glasses in the freezer so that the caramel sets.
- Using a martini shaker, add the martini ingredients and shake well. Strain the mixture into the chilled martini glasses. Garnish each glass with a caramel dipped apple slice. Enjoy!