This great tasting chili recipe looks delicious an has the perfect name: A little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That Chili.
For that is what chili often is when I cook it. Whatever I happen to have on hand goes in the pot with the chili and beans.
Nothing warms you to the bones quite like a big bowl of hot chili. And cooking chili in one pot on the stove gives you layers upon layers of flavors that you just can’t beat.
See my recipe for one pot chili con carne. It’s another recipe for winter comfort food at its best.
Great Tasting Chili Recipe
Some of the best tasting recipes come from trial and error. I find that cooking with what you have on hand in the pantry and fridge just keeps adding layers of flavor. One pot meals like this end up getting a real depth of flavor.
Today’s featured chili recipe comes from a friend who used to blog at My Honey’s Place. It seems she likes to take a little bit of this and a little bit of that when she cooks too!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage (cut into very small pieces)
- 6 small clove of garlic (diced)
- 10 small mushrooms (diced)
- 1 package McCormick Chili Seasoning Mix
- 2 sticks celery (diced)
- ½ cup unsalted cream butter
- ½ large onion (diced)
- 1 (15.5 oz) can light Red Kidney Beans
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- ¼ cup Sweet ‘N Spicy BBQ Sauce (or your favorite flavor BBQ sauce)
- 1 cup Heinz Tomato Ketchup
- 1 cup water
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1240Total Fat: 74gSaturated Fat: 30gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 41gCholesterol: 232mgSodium: 3054mgCarbohydrates: 76gFiber: 7gSugar: 45gProtein: 69g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.