My husband is a huge fan of Indian curries and I am as well. But when we go to our local restaurant, it’s hard for us to share dishes because he loves quite spicy Indian foods and I love them mild.
This recipe is a compromise. It is mild which pleases me, but the delicious blend of spices pleases his palate, if not his love of spice.
With these ingredients, how can the end result not taste great?
Yummy, easy and so, so savory and delicious. Perfect for those new to Indian curries, since it is not spicy but still has a wonderful blend of Indian flavors.
Mild Chicken Curry Recipe
- 1-1½ tsp coconut oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 large cloves of, finely diced
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, grated or finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken pieces
- 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 1/3 cups of chicken stock
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 2 tbsp sultanas or raisins
- Coriander to garnish