This recipe is one that is not destined to be included in any healthy cooking cookbook, but it might win you a “best mom” award for tastiest breakfast recipe! These chocolate chip pancakes are loaded with chocolate chips and white chocolate chips and then coated in a chocolate sauce as well as a peanut butter sauce. This is 30 minute meals at their tastiest!
Starting off your day with perfect pancakes is a foodies dream!
The pancakes are more of a dessert than a breakfast item. (after all, you don’t want the worst parent award, now do you?) But I’ll let you choose when to serve them.
You will need a three part process. First make the two sauces and set them aside and then start with the pancakes. I like to keep a very low oven going (about 200ºF so that I can keep the pancakes warm if I am making them for a big crowd.)
Cut into these beauties and say bye bye to your diet…at least for the time being. These are decadent, rich and so delicious!
Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Peanut Butter Syrup
- 4 tbsp (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup milk (I used skim milk - anything to cut down the calories on this monster will help!)
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 eggs (I use free range)
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 ounces of white chocolate chips
- Butter, for cooking
- For the chocolate sauce:
- 2/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa
- 1 2/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cup of water
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
For the peanut butter sauce:
- 1 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter