This Easy Shrimp Alfredo is perfect for the busiest of busy nights. It’s ready in about 15 minutes and looks as though you spent hours on it. Since it is a busy time of the year for me with all the Christmas things that need doing, I love a tasty meal that looks and tastes great, too. Why not add it to your collection of easy shrimp recipes?
Easy Shrimp Alfredo Recipe
I have to admit. I have a little helper here. This is one of my semi home made recipes. Tonight’s helper is Knorr side dish pasta mixes. I even used skim milk to make the recipe to lighten it up a bit, but the mix still thickens up and tastes like it is full of cream and butter.
This recipe for Easy Shrimp Alfredo uses Knorr Pasta Sides – Alfredo. It is quick and easy and taste just like restaurant shrimp Alfredo but at a fraction of the cost in both the pocket book and the calorie bank!
Start by placing water, skim milk and butter into a skillet and heating it. Don’t substitute margarine. Use the real deal. Butter makes all the difference in the flavor.
Heat the olive oil in a separate fry pan and add the shrimp and cook until just pink. (do not over cook) Set aside and keep warm.
Cut the grape tomatoes in half.
I use organic baby spinach.
Five minutes before the end of the cooking time, add the tomatoes and spinach. Stir to mix well. Cover with a lid and allow the spinach to wilt. Stir often. (takes just a few minutes.)
Add the cooked shrimp and serve with a pretty salad. Enjoy!
This recipe is seriously delicious. The Alfredo sauce is light and not at all overpowering. The spinach adds the most unbelievably fresh taste to the dish. I will definitely put this on my list of must have dishes for busy week nights.
- I pkg of Knorr Sides - Alfredo
- 1 pound of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1½ cups of water
- ½ cup of skim milk
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 small container of grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 5 oz pkg of Organic baby spinach
- Add the water, milk and butter to a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Stir in the contents of the Knorr sides Alfredo mix and cook for about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a separate frying pan and cook the shrimp a couple of minutes on each side until they turn pink. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Cut the grape tomatoes in half. Add the tomatoes and spinach to the Alfredo mix when it has cooked 6 minutes. Stir well and cover with a lid until the spinach wilts. (another few minutes.)
- Add the reserved cooked shrimp and serve with a tossed salad for a delicious and quick week night meal.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission, but the price will be the same for you. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."