Printable Recipe: Easy Shrimp Alfredo with Tomatoes and Spinach
I do not normally used any packaged convenience food in my recipes. I like the taste of all whole food and I don’t like chemicals. But there are days (like today when I was Christmas shopping) when I still want a tasty meal but don’t have a lot of time. On nights like this, I make use of Knorr side dish pasta mixes.
Yes, there are some chemicals in the mixes, but I can use skim milk to make them and they still thicken up and taste like they are full of cream and butter, so it’s a bit of a trade off.
This recipe for Easy Shrimp Alfredo uses Knorr Pasta Sides – Alfredo. It is quick and easy and taste just like restaurant shrimp alfredo but at a fraction of the cost in both the pocket book and the calorie bank!
Start by placing water, skim milk and butter into a skillet and heating it. (I never use margarine.)
Heat the olive oil in a separate fry pan and add the shrimp and cook until just pink. (do not over cook) Set aside and keep warm.
Cut the grape tomatoes in half.
I use organic baby spinach.
Five minutes before the end of the cooking time, add the tomatoes and spinach. Stir to mix well. Cover with a lid and allow the spinach to wilt. Stir often. (takes just a few minutes.)
Add the cooked shrimp and serve with a tossed salad. Enjoy!
This recipe is seriously delicious. The Alfredo sauce is light and not at all overpowering. The spinach adds the most unbelievably fresh taste to the dish. I will definitely put this on my list of must have dishes for busy week nights.
- I pkg of Knorr Sides - Alfredo
- 1 pound of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of skim milk
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 small container of grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 5 oz pkg of Organic baby spinach
- Add the water, milk and butter to a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Stir in the contents of the Knorr sides Alfredo mix and cook for about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a separate frying pan and cook the shrimp a couple of minutes on each side until they turn pink. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Cut the grape tomatoes in half. Add the tomatoes and spinach to the Alfredo mix when it has cooked 6 minutes. Stir well and cover with a lid until the spinach wilts. (another few minutes.)
- Add the reserved cooked shrimp and serve with a tossed salad for a delicious and quick week night meal.