Printable Recipe: Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
If you are looking for a wonderful recipe for scalloped potatoes, you just cannot go wrong with this one. It is very fast to assembled and the flavors are to die for.
I first started making this recipe when I lived in Australia. It was a favorite recipe of a very good friend of mine and I’ve tweaked it over the years to make it my own.
The dish is rich and creamy and the sauce is just plain delicious. I normally make it at Thanksgiving, but made it tonight to go with another new recipe of mine for seasoned grilled pork chops. You can find that recipe on my main site: The Gardening Cook.
- 4 or 5 medium potatoes. (I use those that I would normally bake.)
- ½ large onion
- ½ cup of heavy whipping cream (I've also made it with evaporated milk but it is so much better with the cream.)
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 2 tsp of paprika
- ⅔ cup of cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the Garlic clove in half and rub it over the bottom and edges of the baking dish. Preheat the oven to 350 º F.
- Peel the potatoes and dice the onion.
- Layer the dish in this order:
- Diced onion
- Salt and Pepper
- Heavy cream
- Cheddar Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Continue layering in this order, ending with the parmesan cheese on the top. Add a small amount of the cream over the top and bake for about 40 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked and the cheese is bubbly.