This recipe for walnut vanilla crescent roll cookies is very delicate and tasty. The texture is light and fluffy and the flavor is lovely with a great vanilla and cinnamon taste.
Roll your dough like a crescent roll and add vanilla walnuts, cinnamon and sugar for a tasty sweet treat that is sure to delight your family.
Printable Recipe: Walnut Vanilla Crescent Roll Cookies
The dough needs to sit for at least four hours but you can make it the day before and finish the cookies the next day.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 Egg, separated
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup finely chopped walnuts
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground cinnamon
- In a food processor, combine the flour and salt; add in the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolk, sour cream and vanilla extract; add this to crumb mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Divide the dough into thirds. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 10-in. circle. Combine the walnuts, sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle ¼ cup of the mixture over each circle. Cut each circle into 12 wedges.
- Roll up each wedge from the wide end and place point side down 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form the shapes into crescents.
- Whisk the egg white until foamy; brush over crescents. Sprinkle with the remaining nut mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks and cool. Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110 Total Fat: 7.9g Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 22mg Sodium: 48mg Carbohydrates: 10g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 4g Protein: 1g