These white chocolate brownies infused with peanut butter chips are a nice change from the traditional look of a brownie. They have a lighter appearance and the taste is a bit lighter, too. Serve them for a bake sale or pot luck and watch them disappear!
Swapping out the type of chocolate also gives this sweet treat a new name – blondies. It’s easy to see why from the color! Normally, a blondie has butterscotch in them but for today’s recipe, it’s going to be peanut butter.
Who doesn’t love peanut butter and chocolate brownies? They are sort of a Reese’s experience that can’t be beat.
This recipe is very easy to do and the taste is delicious with creamy white chocolate with a mixture of all three baking morsels – dark chocolate – white chocolate and peanut butter chips. (I know that white chocolate chips are not really chocolate but it seems to be designated as such by most people so I’ll call it that.)
Making these White Chocolate Brownies
The dark chocolate and peanut butter chips are heavier so they fall to the base of the mixture making an interesting choc-peanut butter crust.
Cook until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
Tasting these peanut butter blondies
These blondies have a lighter taste than the normal brownie but have loads of flavor. You won’t miss the chocolate at all. They have a great fudgy texture that is infused with the flavor of peanut butter. Great for an afternoon snack and a perfect finish to any meal.
I loved the way these brownies cut into slices. So crisp and clean. The appearance of the colors is nice, too! The dark chocolate makes a decadent bottom layer and the white chocolate middle layer is so clean and bright.
This recipe makes 16 brownies, each with 182 calories. Not too hard on the calorie bank for such a nice sweet treat.
If you are looking for the perfect sweet treat, look no further. Give these white chocolate brownies a try!
Admin note: This recipe first appeared on the blog in September of 2013. I have updated the post with new images as well as nutritional information.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces white chocolate morsels
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup of chocolate chips
- ¼ cup or peanut butter chips
- Preheat the oven tp 350ºF.
- Melt the butter and ½ of the white chocolate chips over a medium heat until melted. Remove from the heat and add in the rest of the white chocolate chips. Stir until well blended and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs and sugar until fluffy and slightly thickened. Add in the
- vanilla extract and all purpose flour and mix until well blended.
- Fold in the peanut butter and chocolate chips by hand, being careful not to over mix.
- Spread the mixture into an oiled and floured 8 x 8 inch pan.
- Cook for about 35 minutes until golden brown on the top. A toothpick inserted into the center will come out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and cut into 16 squares.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission, but the price will be the same for you. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."