Some of my favorite 30 minute meals are a “copycat recipe” of some of my favorite foods from popular restaurants. These homemade Joe’s Crab Shack Crab Cakes are a pretty copycat of the ones that you can get from the original restaurant. You can make them at home but feel as though you are at the beach!
Joe’s Crab Shack Crab Cakes at Home is easy.
I was born in Maine and one of my family’s fun summer time activities was to head to the coast of Maine for a fun weekend in the sun. Part of the fun was eating out at local seafood restaurants that are so plentiful around the coastal area of Maine.
I still visit every summer and it’s always fun if we can fit in a trip to the coast while I am there.
I live in North Carolina now and not too close to the coast, but there is a Joe’s Crab Shack in Fayetteville, which is about an hour away from us. One of their specialties is their made from scratch crab cakes with large chunks of crab meat.
This recipe is a great combination of lump crab meat, spices, mayo and lemon. They are easy to prepare. Just combine everything and pan fry them in butter. Serve these crab cakes with coleslaw and french fries for a quick and easy summertime meal. No need to drive an hour now to enjoy the taste!
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp blackening seasoning
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup fresh chopped parsley
- 2½ cups breadcrumbs
- 2 lbs chunk crabmeat
- 2 tbsp butter
- bread crumbs
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl..
- Make into 4 oz. patties. Place the bread crumbs on a plate and coat the patties in the crumbs.
- Heat about 1 inch of vegetable oil in a skillet over a medium high heat.
- Fry the patties in butter until lightly golden - about 4 minutes each side. Serve with coleslaw and french fries.