Printable recipe: Grilled Pineapple
Grilled pineapple is always delicious, but this honey and cinnamon glaze with olive oil makes it extra special. I love to serve it with chicken dishes and it also makes a refreshing summertime dessert with ice cream.
The recipe is so easy. Just combine the ingredients and marinade before it is time to barbeque. Then grill until you get grill marks on all sides and serve.
We had this with my delicious Island chicken thighs tonight and it made a great combination.
- 1 large ripe golden pineapple,
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup honey
- Peel and core the pineapple and cut it into long strips about 1 inch thick.
- In a baking dish, mix together the olive oil, honey, lime juice, and cinnamon. Place the pineapple strips in the glaze and let marinate 2 hours, turning them occasionally.
- Prepare a charcoal grill (you can also cook it on a grill pan indoors on the stove top.
- Brush the pineapple strips lightly with the olive oil and place them on the grill. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes per side until cooked with nice grill marks.
- Serve immediately.
- Remove to a serving plate and drizzle with honey.