Printable Recipe: Fudge Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting
This recipe for fudge brownies with peanut butter frosting is rich and delicious and perfect for those that love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. (one of my personal favorites!)
One of the great things about this recipe is that I can make the brownies on the stove top with just a whisk, and the frosting in a bowl with an electric mixer. No need to clean between the brownies and the frosting!
When I made my frosting, I also used the trick of grating my butter. It worked perfectly! I did not even have to let it come to room temperature. I just grated it into the bowl and then added the other ingredients and mixed it to make the frosting.
Prepare the brownies first and allow them to cool and then top with the delicious and creamy peanut butter frosting and serve. Great to take to a pot luck supper!
The frosting is so fast to make too. Just took me a few minutes.
Enjoy these delicious treats!
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs ( I use free range eggs)
- ¾ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- for the peanut butter frosting-
- 3 tablespoons light butter warmed to room temperature
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Spray a 9x9 square pan with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter, chocolate chips and cocoa together over medium low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Add in the eggs, 1 at a time and then add the vanilla extract.
- Gently stir in all dry ingredients until just incorporated. Pour into the prepared pan and bake 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean in the middle. Set aside to cool.
- For the frosting, stir butter, peanut butter, vanilla and powdered sugar together until a thick paste forms. Stir in milk slowly and then mix vigorously until smooth. Spread over the cooled brownies, cut into bars and serve.