Treat Yourself to Starbucks Lemon Loaf – Copycat style.
Starbuck’s is a favorite of many for their delicious coffees, but their food is also pretty tasty. The recipe for a Copycat Starbucks Lemon Loaf is fresh and super tasty and a pretty good approximation of the original.
Good copycat recipes are hard to find but this one for Starbucks lemon loaf will make you think you are dining out instead of at your kitchen table.
The mixture will see thin to you when you put it in the loaf pan. Don’t worry, it will turn out fine. This was mine half way through cooking. I always turn my foods half way through to make sure they brown evenly. (old oven!) This recipe gave me a chance to try out my new silicone oven mitts from Simprium. I adore them. I reached right in and grabbed that pan and not a hint of heat through them!
The loaf will rise during cooking. You can either glaze it with the raised top, or do what I did, and slice off just a bit of the raised area and flip it over to make a flat top for glazing. Either way is fine though.
The lemon loaf is easy to make. Be sure to add the glaze when it is still a little warm to give it the desired look.
This really is a very tasty cake. It is rich and fresh with a great lemon taste but not too sweet. My whole family loved it!
I received the oven mitts pictured above for an honest review of the product. I found that they fit well, were not too bulky to use and really protected my hands from the heat in my oven. If you would like to try a pair of them, they are available from our affiliate Amazon.
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 3 eggs, at room temp (I use free range eggs)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp lemon extract
- ⅓ cup of fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp skim milk
- ½ tsp lemon extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9 x 5 loaf pan. Parchment paper inside will also help to release the cake when it is done, if you like.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer combine the wet ingredients: eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, lemon extract and lemon juice and mix until well combine. Add oil and lemon zest and mix well.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Pour into mixture into a loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean about 55-60 minutes. Remove from oven and then cool in pan on a rack.
- Whisk the glaze ingredients to combine and pour over the cooled loaf.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission, but the price will be the same for you. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."