This spicy shrimp and tomato pasta is my latest addition to my collection of shrimp recipes. It will tempt even the most ardent Italian foodie.
The dish is full of flavor, but very easy to make, even though it tastes like you spent hours making it.
There is no need to head out to a recipe to get this pasta flavor. Make it at home!
Shrimp is one of my favorite sea foods.
I love how quick and easy it is to prepare and adding spices to it bumps up the heat but still tastes great. (See my spicy garlic and parsley shrimp for another great tasting dish.)
Spicy Shrimp and Tomato Pasta is a hit.
Do you love 30 minute meals as much as I do? Be sure to add this one to your collection!
If you are looking for a dish that is ready in less than 30 minutes, this one will be perfect. Everything is basically done while the pasta is cooking and then just tossed together in the skillet and served.
It can be made with any long pasta, fettuccine, angel hair pasta, or regular spaghetti will work perfectly.
The trickiest part of this dish is de-veining the shrimp. But even that is a cinch if you follow my easy steps for doing this task.
Or you can even purchase them with this done. (I like to do them myself, since they are usually a bit cheaper if it is not done for you.)
I also use a large sized shrimp. The recipe can be made with any size, but the look of the larger shrimp in the dish, makes it much more elegant, I think.
(plus, there are less of them to de-vein and cook!)
The spicy shrimp and tomato pasta has a bit of heat from the red pepper flakes, but not too much.
My husband likes spicy food and I prefer it a bit milder but the heat didn’t bother me at all.
I enjoyed it very much. I served this with a tossed salad and a side of fresh herbed garlic bread. It is so good! Your family will ask for it again and again.
Do you love shrimp as much as I do? Try one of these tasty recipes:
- Beer battered coconut shrimp.
- Skinny Shrimp Alfredo
- Bacon corn and Shrimp Chowder
- Shrimp pasta with broccoli and mushrooms
Spicy Shrimp and Tomato Pasta
This spicy shrimp and tomato pasta will tempt even the most ardent Italian foodie. It is full of flavor, but very easy to make.
- 8 oz. fettuccine or spaghetti
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 ½ lb. peeled and de-veined shrimp
- 15. oz. diced tomatoes
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp salt
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Cook your pasta according to package direction, then drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the olive oil and butter to a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the shrimp, red pepper, and minced garlic to the pan and saute for 3-5 minutes, or just until the shrimp turns opaque and slightly pink. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set it aside.
- Add the can of tomatoes with juices to the skillet, along with the crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and some freshly cracked black pepper.
- Stir well, and simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- When the sauce has thickened slightly, add the cooked and drained pasta. Toss to coat in the sauce.
- Add the cooked shrimp back into the frying pan and mix with the pasta. Season if needed.
- Sprinkle the chopped parsley over top before serving.
- Great served with a side salad and fresh herbed garlic bread.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 362Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 247mgSodium: 1378mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 32g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.