This slow cooker herbed apricot pork loin roast tastes like you spent hours tending it, when the crock pot really did all the work for you.
Short on time in the morning but want to use your slow cooker? Just 5 minutes of preparation is all you need for this delicious pork roast.
Just mix all your ingredients and brush it over the roast and turn it on. The easy meal prep is what makes crock pot recipes so appealing.
The pork will be ready when you come home and 15 minutes is all the extra time you will need to make the sauce. Shhh…don’t tell your family it’s done in the crock pot, it will taste like you took hours preparing it!
The roast is delectable with an a tasty glaze of apricot preserves, mustard brandy and fresh herbs.
This tastes wonderful when served with a side salad and creamy mashed potatoes.
- 3 pounds boneless pork loin roast, with the fat trimmed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground cracked black pepper
- 10 oz apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp brandy
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp fresh cold water
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- Season the pork with Kosher salt and ground black pepper. Place the roast in 4-5 quart slow cooker.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all remaining ingredients, except for the water and cornstarch. Mix well and pour the mixture over pork.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on a low setting for 6-7 hours.
- Remove cooked meat from slow cooker and cover loosely with aluminum foil to keep warm. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water and cornstarch. Stir in the apricot mixture that was left in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally until the sauce is thickened and bubbly. Continue cooking for 2 more minutes.
- Slice the pork and pour the sauce over. Bon Appetit!
Recipe adapted from McCormick.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 369Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 119mgSodium: 218mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 39g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.