I am a meat and potatoes girl. One of my favorite meals is roast beef with brown gravy and roasted potatoes.
This recipe is so full of flavor and much easier than one would think.
A roast is one of the easiest of meals to make, although it does take time to cook properly.
Once you have seasoned, it can be placed in the preheated oven while you go about your other chores and it will be ready for the table in about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Making Roast Beef with Brown Gravy.
I use a mix of spices to season this roast – I just make a mix using paprika, Kosher salt, garlic powder, cracked black pepper, onion flakes, oregano and thyme.
Mix the spices together and rub over the outside of the roast. Add a splash or red wine and then cook at 350 ºF for 20 minutes a pound plus 20 extra minutes.
When the roast is done, make your gravy from the pan drippings by cooking them on the stove top with a bit of beef broth and extra wine if you wish.
Thicken it with arrowroot and serve.
More beef recipes
Are you a beef lover too? One of these recipes might be perfect to try:
- Beef Noodle Casserole – Tasty – Easy Gourmet Dinner Recipe
- Easy Beef Goulash – One Pot Whole30 Beef Stew
- Penne Pasta Recipe – One Pot Beef and Penne in a Red Wine Tomato Sauce
- Old Fashioned Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- Beef Taco Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2tablespoon dried thyme
- 3 pounds beef round roast
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup of beef broth
- 2 tbsp of arrowroot powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 ºF.
- Make your rub by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Spread the mix over the beef and pour the red wine over the beef.
- Cook for 20 minutes per pound and 20 extra minutes.
- When the roast is done, remove and cover with foil.
- Place the pan on the stove top and scrape up the bottom bits.
- Add the beef broth and stir well.
- Mix the arrowroot powder with a small amount of beef broth.
- Stir into the pan and cook until thickened.
- Serve the roast with the gravy and vegetables for a hearty main meal
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 363Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 642mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 33g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.