These are the top 10 most popular recipes of 2015 here at Recipes Just 4U.
My list of most popular recipes for the past year sometimes brings me surprises. It is humbling to find that my all time favorite recipe that will be sure to be a huge hit, is not one that my readers also love. For me, like so many others, New Year’s Day is a time to take stock, think back over the past year and plan for next year. And my blog is no different. One of my favorite things to do in December is to see what my readers have enjoyed for recipes most in the past year.
What will make the list? Is it that do die for dessert, or are my readers on the hunt for 30 minute meals? Is it a healthy version of a favorite sweet, or perhaps an article about party tips? I always wonder what Google Analytics will tell me when I set that date range for the whole previous year.
This year, there were some no brainers ~ like my recipe for Melting Moment shortbread cookies. That recipe took on a life of its own this year, with almost 60,000 page views. Others, like my Amish Food article and Recipe Round up were a bit more unexpected. This list does not come without the help of my readers, though. Without you, this blog would not even be possible. Thanks so much for your on going support.
The wait is over, folks. Here they are – my 10 most popular recipes and articles for 2015 here at Recipes Just 4u.
1. Melting Moments Cookies. It is easy to see why these bite sized cookie pillows made the top of my list. They melt in your mouth and are super easy to make.
2. Witches Brew Cocktail. This is another recipe that took on a life of it’s own. It always amuses me to see a Halloween drink recipe getting tons of page views in May. 3. Starbuck’s Lemon Loaf. Copycat recipes are always loved here at Recipes Just 4U, but none as popular as this Starbuck’s Lemon Loaf. The glaze makes it!
5. Dessert Table Tips. Setting up a great dessert table is not just about putting out the right sweet treat. There are other tips that will make your dessert table shine too.
6. The Descendants Hawaiian Dip. This sweet cream cheese, pineapple and nut dip is the perfect choice for a movie night that features the popular George Clooney Movie.
7. Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes. I first started making this dip thanks to a great friend when I lived in Australia. I’ve tinkered with it each time I make it to come up with the perfect blend of creamy, cheesy potatoes. It is a MUST to try!
8. Making the perfect Spareribs. There is really no such thing as a bad spare rib, but making them perfectly takes a bit of finesse and a few of my tips.
9. Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas. This oven version of the favorite restaurant dish requires no sizzle platter but ends up perfectly every time!
10. Amish Food and Traditions. Even though I was surpsied it came it at number 10, I should have known this post would make the list. Any time I add an Amish recipe to my site, it is popular. This article talks about Amish traditions and ends with a round up of some of my favorite Amish recipes.
Did your favorite recipe make my top 10 list? If not, which one did you prefer? Please tell us in the comments below. And be sure to head over to my main site The Gardening Cook to find out what was popular with the readers there. Hint…it is not recipes, although they are popular there too.