Thank heavens for supermarket rotisserie chickens. They make recipes like this lightened up Chicken Salad sandwich a breeze to make.
Making this Lightened up Chicken Salad Sandwich
Sandwiches are always fast and easy. I’m busy in the middle of the day and having something I can put together in just a few minutes really helps.
This sandwich uses lite mayo and two types of mustard for the dressing instead of full fat mayo. It also gets its flavor from the celery, parsley and spring onions that are added.
- 4 ounces of rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 1/4 cups light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp. Grey Poupon mustard
- dash of Kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 tsp of parsley, chopped
- Fresh spring greens
- 4 slices of Whole grain bread
- In a large bowl, stir together the lite mayo, Dijon mustard, Grey Poupon mustard, salt, pepper, celery, spring onion, and parsley. Mix well until all is combined.
- Add the chopped rotisserie chicken and toss together until chicken is well coated with mixture.
- Spread the mixture on whole grain bread and add fresh spring greens,.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 366 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 59mg Sodium: 1183mg Carbohydrates: 35g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 5g Protein: 26g