Printable Recipe: Green Bean Casserole
This green bean casserole is one of those tried and true Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner recipes. It is full of flavor and easy to do. My version uses bacon for an extra boost of flavor.
This recipe is easy to do. First Cook the bacon in a 400º F oven until cooked. Drain on paper towels. Reduce the heat to 350º F.
Cook the mushrooms and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until soft and beginning to brown.
Stir in soup, cheese, milk, and sage and thyme until combined.
Add the mixture to the bowl with beans. Stir in the crumbled bacon. Toss to combine.
Spoon half of the bean mixture into a baking dish. Top with half of the french-fried onions. Repeat layers. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in half diagonally
- 6 cups sliced button mushrooms (16 ounces)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 - 10 3/4 ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 5 slices of bacon (*I cook mine in the oven)
- 2 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp sage
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 2.8 ounce can french-fried onions
Amount Per Serving Calories 1341 Total Fat 81g Saturated Fat 34g Unsaturated Fat 38g Cholesterol 165mg Sodium 3046mg Carbohydrates 98g Fiber 30g Sugar 29g Protein 76g