The El Diablo cocktail is an easy-to-mix tequila drink with a vibrant and refreshing flavor that is perfect for a warm summer evening.
The drink is made with crème de cassis, tequila, and ginger beer. It is flavored and garnished with lime.
For this cocktail, you will want to use good tequila. Go for a tequila reposado such as Patron silver.
Since you’ll be sipping on the drink, you want something flavorful, but not so pricey that you feel it is wasted in a mixed drink.
What is crème de cassis
Crème de cassis (pronounced creme dai kah sees) is also known as Cassis liqueur. It is a dark red liqueur made from blackcurrants that are crushed and then soaked in alcohol, with added sugar.
Several cocktails use crème de cassis and it is also often served as an after dinner liqueur.
El Diablo flavor profile
The flavor of this classic El Diablo cocktail is citrusy and floral. Crème de cassis takes a bit of the bite out of the Ginger beer, and compliments the Patron silver tequila beautifully.
- Type of drink – spirit based
- Cocktail type – classic
- How to serve – over ice in a highball glass, or in a copper mug for a more casual experience
- Preparation – shaken
- Strength – medium
- Difficulty – easy
- Brands – Patron Silver, Ginger Beer
- When to serve – as a warm weather drink
I love to make Patron silver mixed drinks, such as a Silver Breeze or Paloma cocktail. Today it is El Diablo’s turn to take center stage.
The flavor of the El Diablo has some sweetness, but is rich and spicier than a margarita.
Share this recipe for the El Diablo drink on TwitterCombine Ginger beer, Patron silver and creme de cassis with lime juice and you'll have the El Diablo cocktail. Get the recipe on Recipes Just 4U. 🍸🥃🍸 Click To Tweet
Making an El Diablo cocktail recipe
The drink could not be easier to make. Gather your ingredients. You’ll need:
- Patron Silver tequila
- Fresh lime juice
- Crème de cassis
- Ginger beer
- Lime wedge and wheel
Place the tequila, crème de cassis, and lime juice. into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Shake well to make sure the ingredients are well chilled. Strain into a highball glass with fresh ice and a lime wedge.
Top with ginger beer and garnish with a lime wheel.
Pin this post for the El Diablo cocktail
Would you like a reminder of this post for the El Diablo tequila drink recipe ? Just pin this image to one of your cocktail boards on Pinterest so that you can easily find it later.
More refreshing summer drinks
Summer days are long and hot. Try one of these refreshing drinks to cool off and enjoy time with friends:
- Drinks to Make with Baileys – Try the After 8 Cocktail
- 4th of July Cosmopolitan – Star Spangled Patriotic Cosmo Cocktail
- Bloody Mary Recipe – Spicy Cocktail for National Bloody Mary Day
- Frangelico Cocktail – International Incident – Baileys and Amaretto Martini
- Southern Comfort Southern Breeze Cocktail
- Coffee Martini Recipe – Vodka Coffee Drink with Kahlua
- 1 1/2 ounce Patron Silver tequila
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 ounce creme de cassis
- 3 ounces of ginger beer
- lime wedge
- lime wheel to garnish
- Combine all ingredients except for the ginger beer into a cocktail shaker over ice.
- Shake until well chilled.
- Strain in a highball glass or copper mug over fresh ice and a garnish with a lime wedge.
- Top with ginger beer.
- Garnish with a lime wheel.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases but the price is the same for you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 4gSugar: 20gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.