Perfect Mashed Potatoes
- 5 large Russet potatoes, peeled
- 6-7 tbsp butter, unsalted, at room temperature
- ¼ cup milk, at room temperature
- ¼ cup heavy cream, at room temperature
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground cracked black pepper
- fresh chives and butter to garnish
- Peel the potatoes and cut into evenly sized pieces.
- Place the potatoes in a deep pot and cover with cold water. You want the potatoes to be covered with 1-2” of water.
- Place the pot over medium heat. Bring to simmer and then raise the heat to medium.
- Bring to a boil and add ½ tsp salt.
- Cook until they are evenly done. When they’re cooked through, a knife will easily slide into the potatoes with no resistance.
- Drain the potatoes in large colander.
- Place the potatoes back in the warm cooking pot and mash with a hand masher.
- Add in the butter, milk and cream being sure they are at room temperature.
- Mash the potatoes until they are creamy. If they appear to be too thick add in a few tbsp of cream until the desired consistency is reached.
- Season with the remaining salt and pepper and mix.
- Garnish with a pat of butter on top. I also like to use fresh chives as a garnish.
Recipe by Recipes Just 4U at https://recipesjust4u.com/creamy-fluffy-mashed-potatoes/