This recipe for pumpkin cream cheese dip is easy to make and so delicious. The blend of cream cheese with fresh pumpkin puree has a comfort food feel that is perfect for fall!
Do your party guest like creamy dips? So do mine! And since pumpkins are such a big part of fall, this dip incorporates pumpkin puree in a tasty and sweet way.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you if you purchase through an affiliate link.
Fall flavors are the stars in this crowd-pleasing, make-ahead Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip.
A generous dash of bourbon also adds a fun boozy flavor to the dip that will get guests feeling in a party mood.
Making this pumpkin cream cheese dip.
We are right in the middle of the holiday season that lasts for three months each year. And entertaining is a huge part of this holiday season.
This dip is perfect for both Thanksgiving and Halloween parties and has a creamy cheesecake like texture that is so tasty and delicious.
To make this cheesecake dip recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- confectioner’s sugar – to add sweetness
- instant powered milk – to give the dip a nice thickness and silky smoothness
- fresh pumpkin puree – You can use canned but fresh is very easy to make.
- cream cheese – for a thick creamy texture
- pumpkin pie spice – for a hint of Thanksgiving to come
- and bourbon – just because!
Preparation of the pumpkin cream cheese dip
The dip is super easy to make. Start by sifting the powdered sugar with the instant milk and pumpkin pie spice to make the sweet and savory base of the dip.
Whip the cream cheese until it is soft and fluffy and add the bourbon. Stir into the cream cheese and beat till combined and then add to the sugar mixture.
The pumpkin cheesecake dip is best if refrigerated for at least 24 hours so that the flavors develop.
I often ask my fans on Facebook to tell me about their favorite entertaining recipes. This recipe was submitted by a page fan, Diamond Victoria. Thanks for submitting it Diamond!
I really enjoyed making the dip to test it and was delighted that my Halloween party guests love it as much as I did!
Ideas for serving this pumpkin dip for cookies
This easy pumpkin dip recipe can be served with any crackers you have on hand, but the sweetness of the dip is ideal to be served with sweeter items like crackers and wafers, too.
You could even serve this dip in a tiered serving bowl that gives your guests an option of dipping items.
Some great serving ideas are:
- Hazelnut log cookies
- Granny Smith apple slices
- Cinnamon wafers
- Graham crackers
- Vanilla Wafers
- Gingersnap cookies
- Lemon Wafer cookies
- Animal Crackers
- Mini cookies, and so many more options!
Another fun way to use this pumpkin dip is to fill mini phyllo cups and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice. Another great party appetizer. (also see my BBQ phyllo cup appetizers for a fun bite to take to summer parties.)
Tasting this creamy pumpkin pie dip
The flavors of this dip get better with refrigeration, but this can also be made the day before to “firm up.” Before serving, let it sit on the counter for an hour before the party to make it really “dippable.”
I love sweet creamy dips. They are always a hit when I entertain and adding the bourbon into the dip makes it especially popular with my party guests.
Each taste of this yummy dip reminds you of the holidays. It is cheesecake and pumpkin pie all rolled into one creamy dip!
It can also be considered a dessert dip for a sweet after dinner taste with your favorite cookies or wafers.
Calories in this pumpkin pie dip
This dip has sugar in it, but isn’t too bad on the calories department as dips go. A serving size is 2 tablespoons and the calorie count is 40.
If you are following the weight watchers diet, the Freestyle points are 2 per serving.
Pin this pumpkin cream cheese dip for later
Would you like a reminder of this easy pumpkin pie dip? Just pin this image to one of your entertaining boards on Pinterest.
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 1/3 cups instant powered milk
- 16 oz pumpkin puree
- 16 oz. cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3 oz of bourbon
- Sift the confectioners’ sugar with the instant milk & pumpkin spice.
- In a bowl whip the cream cheese till it is soft and fluffy.
- Add the bourbon and beat for about 30 seconds.
- Add the pumpkin to the cream cheese and beat till it is thoroughly mixed.
- Carefully add the pumpkin mixtures to the confectioners’ sugar mixture and on a low speed on your mixer, mix till it is all mixed.
- Refrigerate this for at least 24 hours.
- Allow it to sit on the counter for about an hour before serving.
- Serve with your favorite choice of cracker or cookie.
- KitchenAid KP26M1XBU 6 Qt. Professional 600 Series Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer - Cobalt Blue
- 3 Tier Oval Bowl Set with Metal Rack, White Party Food Server Display Set - Tiered Serving Stand - Three Ceramic Fruit Bowl Serving - Dessert Appetizer Cake Candy Chip Dip
- Luigi Bormioli RM104 Michelangelo 2 Pc Chip-n-Dip Set, 0, Clear
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 74 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 12mg Sodium: 41mg Carbohydrates: 8g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 6g Protein: 1g
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission, but the price will be the same for you. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."