This recipe for baked pineapple rings could not be easier to make. But don’t let the ease of the recipe fool you.
The pineapple ends up moist and delicious and with a great brown sugar taste that can’t be beat.
Fresh pineapple is a wonderful side dish all year round, but really comes alive in summer when the fruit is so fresh and sweet. See my recipe for grilled pineapple, as well.
Pineapple is also a great mixer for all kinds of drinks. See how I used it in my Patron pineapple cocktail.
Brown Sugar Baked Pineapple Rings
To make the recipe, you will need just two things
- 1 fresh Pineapple cut into rings about 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. With a sharp knife, cut off the outside skin of the pineapple.
Slice into 1/2 inch rings and remove the core. Place on a foil lined cookie sheet and sprinkle with the brown sugar.
Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes until the pineapple is lightly glazed.
Great served with all types of chicken dishes. I served it this year with my honey and spice glazed ham and it was a perfect match.
- 1 whole pineapple, cut into 1/2 inch rings with core removed
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Cut off the outside of the pineapple with a sharp knife and slice into 1/2 inch rings. Remove the core.
- Place the slices of pineapple on a foil lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes in 350 degree oven.
- Great served with most chicken dishes and really great with a baked ham.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 17gProtein: 0g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.