This baked garlic Parmesan chicken recipe is a sheet pan meal that is super easy to prepare and tastes amazing. The chicken is crispy and so tender. The recipe is full of flavor and perfect for a family dinner for busy week nights.
I love making sheet pan dinners. There is something about tossing everything on one pan and putting it in the oven and ending up with a delicious meal a bit later that really seems to appeal to any busy homemaker. It’s a hands off recipe that is sure to become a family favorite.
Tonight’s one pan meal features chicken thighs, baby potatoes and green beans, but you could also substitute broccoli or asparagus and even thinly sliced carrots for the green beans. All would work well.
How to make this baked garlic Parmesan Chicken Recipe
The chicken has a delicious coating of Panko bread crumbs, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. And since it is baked and not fried, it’s easier on your waist line, as well.
So many chicken Parmesan recipes require an elaborate dredging and then cooking in a sauce pan. Not with this recipe. The chicken Parmesan crusted coating is super easy to prepare and once it’s done, the chicken roasts in the oven and browns as it cooks.
I like to use fresh herbs for both the egg mixture and the crumb coating. It adds loads of flavor and the Panko bread crumbs are very light and make a really crispy coating when it is cooked.
I also chose to use bone in chicken thighs. They are very succulent and the dark meat adds extra flavor to the meal. You could also use chicken breasts or drumsticks, as well. The recipe is very versatile. Just adjust the cooking time to the cut of chicken that you choose.
The only hands on part of the meal is breading the chicken and then adding the green beans a bit later. This meal cooks itself and that gives you time to get on with other things that always seem to need doing around the dinner time hour. Or maybe today you’ll be able to relax with a glass of wine instead of standing over the stove. Sounds good, right?
Tasting this one pan roast chicken with vegetables
The flavor of this roasted garlic Parmesan chicken is amazing. I am not fond of a recipe where the lemon takes over the taste. Using just a half lemon in the marinade gives the meal just a hint of citrus but not too much.
The chicken is fork tender and full of flavor. My husband just raved about the taste of this recipe, and I have to agree with him. It really is good.
The veggies are tender and the potatoes have a crispy outside with a creamy center. So nice!
I haven’t tried cooking this garlic Parmesan chicken recipe on my BBQ grill, but I will the next time I make it. Most gas grills can be used as an oven outdoors which means your kitchen will stay cool!
All in all, one really tasty sheet pan dinner! The recipe serves 6 with 435 calories for each serving.
To save this recipe to use later, pin this image to Pinterest to remind you.
For another Parmesan chicken recipe, try my creamy garlic Parmesan chicken.
- For the marinade
- 6 chicken thighs (with skin and bone)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- For the coating
- ½ cup of Panko breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup grated fresh Parmesan
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Dash of sea salt
- For the sauce:
- 1 pound of baby potatoes, quartered
- 4 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 1 large clove of garlic
- dash of sea salt
- 1 pound of green beans, trimmed
- Preheat the oven to 400 º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, lemon juice, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 tbsp of chopped parsley and sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- On a plate, combine the Panko bread crumbs, 1 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley and the grated Parmesan cheese. Combine the butter with garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Dip the chicken thighs into the egg mixture and roll in the Panko mixture. Place on the middle of the baking sheet.
- Arrange the baby potatoes around the chicken. Pour 2 tbsp of the butter mixture over the potatoes and 1 tbsp over the chicken. (save the last tablespoon for the beans) and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan and place the green beans on the baking sheet, pour over the remaining butter mixture and cook for another 10 minutes. Turn the oven to broil and cook a final 5-10 minutes until the chicken is nicely browned and the vegetables are tender.
- Remove to serving plates, garnish with chopped parsley and some lemon slices and serve.