Are you looking for drinks to make with Baileys Irish Cream? Well you are not alone! St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner and Baileys drinks are in demand.
This deliciously creamy and thick dessert cocktail is the perfect choice for a St Patricks day cocktail.
Since I love sweet cocktails, I have not yet tried a cocktail recipe which contains Baileys Irish cream that I do not like. This Baileys After 8 Cocktail has the feel of an adult hot chocolate with the richness of a dessert.
It is perfect for this time of the year.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links below are affiliate links. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you purchase through one of those links.St. Patrick's Day is right around the corner. Celebrate with an adult hot chocolate. This Baileys After 8 Cocktail is rich, smooth and perfect for a cool night. ☘🍮☘ Click To Tweet
What’s in an After 8 Cocktail?
You’ll need some common ingredients to make this Baileys cocktail. Just looking over the list shows how decadent this cocktail will be!
It also makes us ask “are we making dessert or a cocktail?
- Baileys Irish Cream
- cocoa powder
- granulated sugar
- mini marshmallows
- whipped cream
Making the Baileys cocktail
The first step in making this delicious cocktail recipe is to mix the cocoa powder and sugar with a little of the cold milk. This will allow the cocoa powder to blend well into the drink mixture.
I used a small whisk to easily combine the cocoa powder.
Next, the rest of the milk gets heated in the microwave and the chocolate mixture is added to it. Stir very well to make sure the cocoa is combined into the milk.
Whip the cream and set aside. You can use aerosol or pre-made whipped cream if you would like, to save time.
Pour the Baileys Irish Cream into the bottom of a heat-resistant glass. Add the heated cocoa mixture over the top of the Baileys.
Add five mini marshmallows in each drink. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with cocoa powder to finish the After 8 Cocktail.
Tasting this cocktail with Baileys Irish Cream
How does this Baileys drink taste? In four words, think decadent adult hot chocolate. The cocktail is rich and creamy with hints of sweetness in every sip.
The warmth of the drink is perfect for the cool days that we still experience around St. Patrick’s Day. The mini marshmallows and sugar add the sweetness that give the drink its dessert-like taste. So yummy!
Serve this luscious drink for you cocktail hour or use it in place of a dessert after an elegant meal. The choice is yours! You don’t even have to wait until after 8 o’clock to enjoy this Baileys drink!
More desserts and drinks to make with Baileys Irish Cream
If you liked this drink, be sure to check out these Baileys cocktails as well. All have the distinctive, rich flavor that makes Baileys Irish Cream drinks so popular.
- International Incident Martini here – a drink made with Frangelico and other spirits.
- Baileys Irish Cream mudslide – the drizzled glass makes this drink a hit!
- Ghostbuster Martini – another Baileys drink with whipped cream. This one is perfect for Halloween!
- Make your own Irish Cream – you don’t need to go to the store. Make your own Irish Cream!
Bailey’s Irish Cream desserts
Are you looking for something sweet to go along with your Baile’s After 8 Cocktail? Try one of these desserts. They are all made with Baileys Irish Cream, so they will compliment the cocktail well.
- Baileys Irish cream brownies – the chocolate ganache is to die for!
- Baileys mudslide truffles – the taste of Baileys Irish Cream in one little bite.
- Baileys Irish Cream and coffee fudge – this recipe is a hit at our house for the holidays.
- St, Patrick’s Day truffles with Irish Cream – super easy to make and delicious!
Pin these drinks to make with Baileys for later
Would you like a reminder of the After 8 Cocktail and other Baileys drinks? Just pin this image to one of your cocktail boards on Pinterest so that you can easily find it later.
Admin note: This post for drinks to make with Baileys first appeared on the blog in October of 2013. I have updated the post to add all new photos, a printable recipe card with nutrition and a video for you to enjoy.
- 4 ounces Baileys Irish cream
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 10 mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- Mix the cocoa powder and sugar with 3 tablespoons of the cold milk.
- Whip the cream and set aside.
- Heat the remaining milk for 2-3 minutes in the microwave.
- Add the cocoa/sugar mixture to the milk and heat for another minute. Stir well to combine.
- Pour the Baileys Irish Cream into the bottom of a heat-resistant glass.
- Add the heated chocolate mixture over the top of the Baileys.
- Add 5 mini marshmallows in each drink.
- Top the drinks with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder and serve.
Microwaves vary in temperatures. The milk should be hot but not scalding.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases but the price is the same for you.
Toasted Tales Happy St Patrick's Day Novelty Irish Celtic Gaelic Toast 11 Oz Old Fashioned Glass | Whisky Scotch Glass | St. Patricks Day Gift Gifts For Him | Old Fashioned Irish Coffee Glass
KANARS Old Fashioned Whiskey Glasses with Luxury Box
Slainte - Irish Cheers - Whiskey Rocks Glass - St Patricks Day Party Decor
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 485Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 162mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 0gSugar: 48gProtein: 10g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.