This recipe for Sweet Corn and Coconut Pudding is the perfect summer time treat.
My friend Regina, from Molly Mel, is a regular contributor of recipes to my website. I love Regina’s blog, and especially today, because of both this amazing recipe and the gorgeous pictures of her peonies in bloom. They put mine to shame! This recipe for sweet corn and coconut pudding just screams summer and is inspired by a traditional Brazilian recipe called curau.
Look at Regina’s amazing peonies! You can see a lot more photos of them on her blog, Molly Mel. Many of Regina’s recipes have a Brazilian flare. Be sure to visit her site and have a look around.
Serve this for your next special gathering. Your friend will love it. The dessert has a rich creamy taste and is the perfect way to use of plentiful fresh summer corn! Thanks, Regina, for sharing such a special dessert with us!
- 40 ounces sweet corn (fresh, frozen, or can sweet corn, whatever sounds good to you)
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut, and some more to garnish
- 1 tbsp butter
- a pinch of salt
- Mix together the sweet corn and coconut mixture in a blender until it is pureed.
- Place the mixture in a saucepan over medium low heat and add the sweetened condensed milk, unsweetened shredded coconut, butter and the salt. Cook gently for 40-45 minutes until it has thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pot from the heat and pour the mixture into individual serving dishes. Place the dishes in the fridge. Serve cold.