This slow cooker sesame seed honey chicken recipe has a tangy and sweet sauce that is full of flavor.
I seem to be on a sesame seed kick lately. I needed some for my Asian sesame seed dressing and the bottle was big so I had plenty over for other recipes. Since I also love crock pot recipes, this slow cooker sesame seed honey chicken was born. It is both tangy and sweet and really tasty.
My home made Asian sesame seed dressing recipe makes the perfect sauce for this dish.
Cooking in a slow cooker is one of my favorite ways to prepare meals. What could be easier than just dumping everything into a crock pot and walking away for a few hours, only to come back to a delicious meal?
For today’s meal, I chose fresh green beans, carrots and potatoes. They make the bottom layer in the crock pot.
Top the veggies with the chicken breasts. This allows the juices from the meat to flow down over the veggies for great flavor.
The sauce is simple to make. Just combine all the ingredients in a bowl and give it a whisk!
Pour the marinade over the vegetables and meat and set the slow cooker to 8 hour for low or 4 hours for high. Half way through the cooking time, move the chicken lower in the pot so that it will take on the color of the sauce.
Your house will smell wonderful when it is cooking and there is nothing to do at meal time except open the crock pot, take out the meal and serve.
The sauce is tangy with the sweetness of honey. It gives the veggies a wonderful flavor and the chicken is perfectly cooked and so moist.
What is your favorite crock pot meal? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 medium sized potatoes, cut into chunks
- ½ pound of fresh green beans, trimmed on the ends
- ¼ cup of honey
- ¼ cup of light soy sauce
- ½ tsp of basil
- ½ tsp of oregano
- ¼ tsp of red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp of cracked black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- pinch of Kosher salt
- Place the vegetables in a crock pot. Layer the chicken breasts over the top.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until combined.
- Pour over the veggies and chicken. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, for high for 4 hours. Move the chicken lower in the pot half way through so it will take on the color of the sauce.