Seven Layer Bars are also referred to as Magic Bars. And believe me, the taste IS magic! These easy to make bars have seven delicious layers that combine graham crackers, nuts, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, coconut and sweetened condensed milk into one amazing bar.
What I love most about these 7 layer bars is that they require no elaborate mixing. Other than combining the graham crackers and butter first, everything is made right in the baking pan. Just layer away, add the sweetened condensed milk and bake the whole concoction to give you a dessert that is as easy as a boxed mix but way more flavorful.
Making these Seven layer bars
There are lots of ways to make these bars. Your imagination and pretty much any sweet ingredients in your pantry will work. I used the combination that I like and had on hand.
You won’t believe how easy these bars are! Just mix the melted butter with the graham cracker crumbs until it is well combined.
Press this mixture into a prepared 9 x 13 inch pan until the base is firm.
Now it’s all about the layers! You have one for the crust and it’s time to add the other six layers. I used pecans, chocolate chips, white chocolate morsels, peanut butter chips, flaked coconut and sweetened condensed milk.
Pop the bars into the oven to cook until the bars are set and the coconut is just starting to brown. Remove the whole pan and cool for at least 2 hours so that they set well, then slice into 16 bars. Oh my! My family will LOVE these. I need to figure out how to make a gluten free version for me!
The seven layer bars are so rich and decadent. They are one of the most often brought along desserts for pot luck and summer parties and it’s easy to see why. I took them to a fourth of July party and they were just gobbled up in no time at all.
Look at the yummy layers!
Sweet, gooey and super tasty. I guarantee that your family will want a repeat of this amazing dessert. Isn’t it great that you won’t mind because they are so darned easy to make?
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate morsels
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- 1⅓ cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (14-ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13-inch baking pan with parchment paper leaving some extra paper to use as "handles" to remove the bars easily when they are cooked.
- Combine the melted butter and graham cracker crumbs in a small bowl. Press the crumbs evenly over the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Layer the ingredients in this order: First pecans, then chocolate chips, white chocolate morsels, peanut butter chips and finally coconut. Pour the condensed milk evenly over the entire dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is golden brown, about 22-25 minutes. Cool the pan with the bars in it on a wire rack for about 2 hours.
- Remove the bars from the pan by pulling out the parchment paper and transfer to a cutting board.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into 2 by 3-inch bars.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission, but the price will be the same for you. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."