This recipe for Teriyaki Sauteed Mushrooms in a wine Sauce is easy and delicious. It will be on the table in about 15 minutes and your family will love it.
Teriyaki Sauteed Mushrooms in a Wine Sauce
Mushrooms are one of my favorite vegetables. They are amazingly low in calories, so nutritious, and can be prepared so many different ways. Mushrooms have a “meaty” texture and are very popular with vegetarian and vegan diets. I have them with all my main meals, even breakfast. There is nothing quite like scrambled eggs and sauteed mushrooms for a great start to the day!
These flavorful mushrooms make a wonderful side dish to go along with any protein choice. They take up the flavor of the Teriyaki sauce, wine and garlic just beautifully.
Very quick to make, super tasty and great with any main protein, these teriyaki sauteed mushrooms are sure to become a family favorite!
If you love mushroom recipes, be sure to also check out these:
- Sauteed mushrooms with garlic and spinach
- Caramelized mushroom breakfast bowl
- Green beans and garlic with mushrooms
- Mushrooms and Garlic with Brandy and Thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound large mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tablespoon any good red cooking wine. I used a Pinot Noir (optional - beef stock also works)
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce, or more to
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt, or to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook and stir mushrooms and garlic until the mushrooms soften.
- Add the red wine, teriyaki sauce, Kosher salt, and black pepper and continue cooking until the mushrooms are lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer until mushrooms are tender, 5 to 8 more minutes.