I am always looking for new easy appetizers for party foods, particularly things that can easily be served on a tooth pick and eaten while standing. These saucy Asian Meatballs make great party appetizers and your guests will love them.
These Saucy Asian Meatballs make a Great Party Appetizer
One of the best things about these meatballs is that they are ready in less then 30 minutes.
These meatballs have an amazing flavor. Using both ground pork and ground beef keeps them tender and gives a nice richness to them. The dipping sauce is so tasty and has just a hint of sweetness from the honey that sets off the hoison garlic marinade really well. (affiliate link) They are easy to make ahead of time, which is great for entertaining.
Just bake them the day before and then reheat in the oven or microwave and then toss them with the reheated sauce.
The meatballs have a delightfully flavorful taste and the sauce gives them an extra boost. Just skewer them for easy serving. Your guests will think you spent all day making them.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 ½ teaspoon freshly grated ginger (about 1 - 1½ inch piece)
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions
- ⅔ cup hoisin garlic sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp lite soy sauce
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together all of the meatball ingredients in a large bowl. Using your hands, shape the mixture into 1-inch balls. Place them on baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.(I like to use my silicone baking mat to cook them on. Meatballs are done when they are no longer pink inside.
- To make the Sauce:
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl. Pour over the warm meatballs and gently stir until covered.
- Skewer them with toothpicks and serve.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission, but the price will be the same for you. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."