Printable Recipe: Peppermint Rice Krispie Bars
If you like Peppermint holiday desserts, you will love this recipe. This festive Christmas treat is a variation of the normal Rice Krispie Bars that are so popular. This recipe combines the marshmallows and Rice Krispies with butter and crushed candy canes for a treat that will be a delight on your Christmas buffet table.
The recipe is so easy to do and comes together quickly. The kids will just loves these and will enjoy helping out (and eating as they go!)
Unwrap the candy canes and crush them in a plastic bag with a meat tenderizer. You will need 1/3 cup of crushed candy canes. Set these aside.
Melt 1/2 stick of unsalted butter in a sauce pan over medium high heat.
Stir in a 10 ounce bag of miniature marshmallows. Mix will until melted and the mixture is smooth.
Stir in the melted marshmallow and candy cane mixture and combine well.
Place the mixture in a large plastic storage container or on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Place in the fridge to set for about 15 minutes.
Remove from the container, and cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.
The treats have a lovely crunchy texture and the taste of sweet peppermint and marshmallow. Perfect for your holiday dessert table this year.
- ¼ Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 10 Oz. Package Miniature Marshmallows
- ⅓ Cup Crushed Candy Canes (I used the pink and white ones for this step)
- 6 Cups Rice Krispies® Cereal
- Place the candy canes in a large plastic bag and crush with a meat tenderizer. You will need ⅓ cup of pink candy canes.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a medium low heat.
- Stir in the miniature marshmallows and cook until they melt. Stir often to combine well.
- Mix in the crushed candy canes.
- In a separate bowl place 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal. Stir in the melted marshmallow mixture and mix to combine well.
- Line a large serving dish with wax paper and spread the mixture in the dish.
- Place in the fridge for about 15 minutes to cool and set. Remove and cut into bars and serve.
- Store in an airtight container
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission, but the price will be the same for you. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."