No-Bake Oreo Mint Bars
Mint, chocolate, and confectioner’s sugar help to make these delightful Oreo mint cheesecake bars a special treat. And best of all, they are my favorite type of bar – no baking is needed. You just make the crust first and let it set and then combine the ingredients for the topping and put in the fridge until set.
The bars are very tasty. The Andes mints give them a creme de menthe flavor and the cream cheese makes the recipe similar to a cheesecake bar.
Assemble your ingredients – Confectioner’s sugar, reduced fat cream cheese, unsalted butter, Andes creme de menthe mints, Skim milk, Cool mint Oreo cookies, chocolate chips and food coloring (optional.)
Break up the Oreo cookies and put them in a food processor.
Pulse for a few seconds until the cookies become crumbs.
Mix half of the softened butter (don’t melt it) with the crumbs for the base of the bars.
Line a 9 x 11″ baking pan with foil and press the crumb mixture into the pan and place in the fridge to set until it is firm.
Combine the confectioner’s sugar, the remaining butter, skim milk and broken up Andes mints with the cream cheese. Beat on medium speed of the mixer until well combined. It will look similar to frosting with some chunks of the mints in it. Add a few drops of green food coloring if you want more of a green color. (optional)
Spread the cream cheese and sugar mixture on the cookie base.
Melt the chocolate chips and drizzle it over the top of the bars and put in the fridge to set. It will need to chill at least two hours.
Remove and cut into bars and serve.
(adapted from The Great American Cookie Cookbook’s Citrus Cream Bars recipe)
- 1 3/4 cups finely crushed Cool Mint Oreos (approx. 25)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature, but not melted
- 3 3/4 cups confectioner's sugar
- 12 Andes creme de menthe mints - broken into pieces
- 2 Tbsp skim milk
- 1 block of reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips, melted
- a few drops of green food coloring (optional)
- Combine the cookie crumbs and half of the softened butter in medium bowl. Mix well.
- Press firmly on to bottom of and ungreased 9 x 11 inch baking pan and refrigerate until the crust is firm.
- Combine the confectioner's sugar, the remaining butter, skim milk, cream cheeseand Andes mints in mixing bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until the mixture is light and fluffy ( it should resemble frosting.) Add the food coloring to get the color you like (optional) Spread over the crust.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over crust and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Cut into bars and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.