Peanut butter and chocolate. A match made in cookie heaven. This recipe combines the best of both cookie types. These peanut butter chocolate chip cookies have the best texture of any chocolate chip cookies that I have ever eaten.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you love making 30 minute meals and quick desserts, you’ll love these cookies.
The trick to this great texture is not cooking them too long, especially if you will be eating them later. If you want to eat them right from the oven, then you’ll need to add a few minutes to the cooking time, or they will be too gooey. But if you want to eat them later, then they take just 7-8 minutes too cook for the perfect texture.
The cookies have the delicious flavor of peanut butter in every bite. If you love peanut butter recipes, you will have to try this one. The chocolate chips add just the right amount of richness make this a melt in your mouth moment!
Calorie information for one cookie:
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1¼ cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375º F.
- Combine the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, milk, vanilla extract and egg in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until everything is well-blended.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking soda and whisk to combine well. Add to creamed mixture and mix on a low speed. Blend just until everything is well mixed.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto un-greased or parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 375º for 7 to 8 minutes, or until set and just beginning to brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet before removing to cooling rack.
- This cooking time is for cookies that will be eaten later. If you plan to eat them straight from the oven, add another 2-3 minutes cooking time or they will be too gooey.