This recipe for ground beef manicotti is hearty and delicious. The website also has vegetarian adaptations if you are not a meat eater.
- 8 ounces of uncooked manicotti shells.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp each of fresh parsley, oregano, basil and thyme. (or 1 tsp of dried)
- 1/2 cup of sweet red, yellow and orange peppers diced
- 1 cup of diced mushrooms
- 1 cup of small broccoli florets
- 15 oz container of ricotta cheese
- 1 medium egg
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan reggiano cheese
- 1 jar of store bought pasta sauce
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.