Printable Recipe: Grilled Rosemary and Balsamic Steak
We barbeque every Saturday night at our house, rain or shine, summer or winter. My husband does the grill and I prepare the side dishes. (easy ones – it gives me a sort of night off from cooking once a week.)
I am always looking for new steak recipes. I often just use a rub, but occasionally, I will do a marinade. The beauty of this dish, is that I can do the sauce while my husband cooks the steaks, so there is no waiting time after the steaks are done (and I don’t have to worry about keeping them warm or over cooked.)
The recipe is easy. Just make the marinade in the morning and heat up the grill in the evening. The marinade uses Olive oil, garlic, rosemary, balsamic vinegar and
Add all of the ingredients except for the steak in a bowl and whisk to combine.
Place the steaks in a covered baking dish and pour the marinade over. Turn to coat and place in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight.
Remove the steaks and grill for 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare on a medium high heat grill.
Take the remaining marinade and add 1/4 cup of red wine. Boil to reduce by half for about 10 minutes.
Stir in a tablespoon of chopped rosemary.
Pour over the steaks and serve with a tossed salad and baked potato or garlic bread.
Grilled Rosemary & Balsamic Steaks
Write a review
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup good quality dry red wine, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds top round steak
- In a bowl whisk together the minced garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup of the red wine, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Place the steaks in a baking dish with a lid. Pour the marinade over the steaks. Turn the steaks to coat well in marinade. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- When you're ready to cook, preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Place the steaks on the grill and retain the left over marinade. Cook the steak 3 - 4 minutes per-side for medium rare. Remove the steaks and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, pour reserved marinade into a frying pan over medium heat. Pour in remaining 1/4 cup of red wine. Bring to a boil and allow the marinade to cook until it reduces by half, 5 - 10 minutes. Stir in remaining tablespoon of fresh rosemary. Remove from heat.
- Spoon sauce over the steaks and serve with a tossed salad and baked potato. Enjoy!
Recipes Just 4U http://recipesjust4u.com/