Printable Recipe: Gourmet Beef Noodle Casserole.
This delicious beef and noodle casserole combines Cream cheese and Cheddar cheese to make this casserole extra rich and creamy. It is easy to make and can be done ahead and then baked at dinner time.
Cook the noodles according to package directions. In a large skillet, cook the onions, mushrooms, garlic and peppers until soft and cooked through.
Mix in the ground beef and cook until it is browned. Drain if necessary.
Stir in the wine, tomatoes, sauce, sugar and salt. Simmer, covered for about 10 minutes.
While the mix is simmering, combine the sour cream, cream cheese, and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese to combine well.
Layer the ingredients in an ungreased baking pan. Start with the beef mixture, then the cooked noodles and then the cheese layer. Repeat and top with the remaining cup of cheddar cheese.
Bake for 40 minutes in a preheated 350º F oven.
Serve with a salad and garlic bread for a tasty week night meal that your whole family will enjoy.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1/2 cup of sweet peppers, diced
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 cup of fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup red wine or beef broth
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. egg noodles, cooked
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and cook the onion until slightly translucent. Add the mushrooms and peppers and cook till softened. and then add the garlic and cook another minute or so.
- Mix in the ground beef and brown. Add tomatoes, sauce, salt, sugar, and wine; cover and simmer over low heat 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, blend together cream cheese, sour cream, onion and one cup Cheddar cheese; set aside.
- In an ungreased 13"x9" baking pan, layer half the beef mixture, half the noodles and half the cheese mixture; repeat layers. Top with remaining Cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes.