Treat your family to some homemade Coconut and Pistachio Ice Cream.
The summer days have come to an end, but there is no end to my love of ice cream. I eat it year round and am always looking for tasty new recipes that I can make at home. My friend Regina from Molly Mel shared this recipe with me to feature on my blog. I hope you enjoy her homemade coconut and pistachio ice cream as much as I do.The most insane part of this recipe is that it has only four ingredients! Can you believe that such a delicious bowl of goodness comes from just whipping cream, pistachios, coconut and sweetened condensed milk? And best of all, it’s a no churn recipe!
Regina says that the whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk are the base of the recipe and that you can go to town on other flavorings. This is a keeper! Easy, peasy and tasty to boot. Thanks for sharing this recipe for my readers Regina.
Be sure to head over to Regina’s blog. Her photos are amazing and she has the best tasting recipes, many of them with a Brazilian flare. If you like international flavors, you will love her blog!
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 16 fl oz (473ml) whipping cream
- shredded unsweetened coconut, to taste
- chopped pistachios, to taste
- Pour the whipping cream into a large bowl and whip it until it forms stiff peaks. Gently fold the condensed milk into the whipped cream. It will look lumpy at first, but will be come smooth as you continue to fold the mixture . Be careful not to over mix, stop when you see just a few small lumps here and there.
- Mix in the shredded coconut and chopped pistachio.
- Transfer the ice cream to a container. Smooth the top, and press a piece of wax paper against the surface to prevent ice crystals from forming. (great tips Regina!) Cover, and freeze for at least 6 hours.