We are big cheesecake fans in our house. I’ve tried so many different versions of them and haven’t found one yet that my family didn’t love. For today’s cheesecake recipe, I’ve decided to turn my favorite chocolate chip cookie into delicious Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars.
This amazing recipe brings together the best of both chocolate chip cookies and cheesecake in one mouth watering dessert bar. It has a crunchy bottom layer with a creamy cheesecake center and is topped with more cookie goodness.
These Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars are so easy to make.
Get all your ingredients together. I actually love this step. I can make sure that I have everything on hand BEFORE I start and it gives me an idea of what the tastes will be. I mean, how can you go wrong with butter, brown sugar, cream cheese, eggs and chocolate chips?
I always whisk my dry ingredients together too. This makes sure they are well incorporated, and also makes the flour lighter which always helps baked goods. By the way, do you know how to measure flour correctly? See my tips here.
These Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars have several layers. There is a firm chocolate chip cookie dough layer on the bottom, then a baked cheesecake middle layer and finally another crumbly top chocolate chip cookie dough layer on top. My mouth is watering just thinking about how these will taste!
Into the oven they go for 40 minutes. Look at this luscious pan, just waiting to be sliced into bars. But you need to wait now. The bars will slice more easily if you let them cool and then put them in the fridge to get really chilled before you slice them.
These amazing Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars have the most wonderful texture. They have a firm crust and creamy cheesecake center. The crunchy cookie dough topping will have your mouth asking “Is this a cookie or is this a cheesecake?” The answer is “who cares?” The taste is what matters and it is TO-DIE-FOR!
This dessert is hands-down one of my top favorites. Seriously, I could eat the whole pan. One of the good and bad parts of being a food blogger is getting to taste and wanting to eat the whole thing before the family gets to it. My stomach says “yes!” But my hips say “don’t you dare eat another piece!”
Every bite of these Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars is rich and creamy with that chocolate chip cookie dough surprise. If you like cookie dough ice cream, you will know what I mean. You go along nicely having a creamy taste and then along comes a bit of cookie dough. Just too darn good!!
For more cheesecake recipes, visit my Cheesecake Board on Pinterest.
- 2 cup all purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- ⅔ cup unsalted Butter at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated Sugar
- ⅔ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp pure Vanilla extract
- 2 cup Kark Chocolate Chips
- For the Filling:
- 8 oz Cream Cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup granulate Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp pure Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line a 9×9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt for the base of the cheesecake bars.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar until it is well mixed and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla vanilla and mix well. Gradually add the flour mixture and mix until well combined.
- Gently Fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- Press ⅔ of the cookie dough mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan to form. Reserve the rest of the mixture for the top layer.
- Clean the mixing bowl and combine the cheesecake filling ingredients and beat until they are light and creamy.
- Spread the cheesecake filling over the cookie dough layer and smooth it down. Using your fingers, crumble remaining crust dough over the cheesecake layer.
- Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven, making sure the cheesecake layer has set and the top is lightly browned. Cool completely and chill before slicing.